PDA

View Full Version : Jubilee PB

Tim Kelly
06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
While the dear old Queen (gawd bless 'er) was rounding up the Jubilee celebrations I slipped out for a bit of fishing. We usually get a few weeks where there's a chance of a nice pike or two in some obscure places, but this year the weather's been so odd that the fish are at least a fortnight behind where they'd usually be. Anyway, despite a two day trip a couple of weeks ago that was a total blank we headed back yesterday for another go. the fish were still playing hard to get, but my one take resulted in a new PB pike. 32lb and 8oz of it!

Very happy. As you can see, flaming June is living up to it's reputation. Mid 50's temps with rain. Lovely.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/Tim--Kelly/3208.jpg

It's a brief window of opportunity and great when it works out. Great fun on a fly rod too. I beefed it into the net in about 20 seconds and the fly dropped out as soon as it was in the net! I don't think it knew what was happening to it! Chucking a 12 weight with a budgie on the line gives you a work out though, my shoulder has felt less sore...

It was a really thick fish!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/Tim--Kelly/IMG_2566copy.jpg

lambeau
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
wow, gorgeous fish.
congrats!

DSmith
06-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Nice fish Tim. When are you planning a trip to Franks?

dpear
06-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Very nice Tim,congrats!
Sick and poor taste quip about the Queen:'Wow,if she's been on the throne that long,she needs some fiber!'
Sorry,I do think she's a wonderful Queen and lady.

Tim Kelly
06-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Dear old Lizzy was pleading with me to stand in for Big Phil for the last day of celebrations, but I said "No Liz. As much as I admire your years of service and dedication to the Commonwealth, the opportunity of a big pike is too strong. I appreciate you giving the nation an extra holiday day this weekend, but I'm not spending it watching blokes with bears on their heads marching around in the rain. Have fun, got to go."

She was obviously disappointed, but I think she coped well enough.

Mr Smith, I'd love to come back over soon. The stupid economy isn't making it any easier though. I've been married nearly 7 years now and my honeymoon was the last time I was there! (wife was in Wyoming at the time LOL)

Mr Pearson. You're a bad man, and it's fibre not fiber! :)

dpear
06-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Yeh,I agree Tim.I used to be a nice guy til I started associating with Lake Of The Woods types.
By the way,I did catch a 40.5 inch pike a few days ago but it weighed about 10 lbs less than yours.It wasn't a chunker like yours.

RASPUTIN
06-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice fish. Do you remember what happened to Edward de Vere when he bowed to Queen Elizabeth I ?
The Earle of Oxford(Edward de Vere) left town soon after taking his bow and wasn't seen again for 7 years.
.........and yet the Queen welcomed him back home.

Smith will never catch one that big, but he likes to see photos of big fish and dream !