PDA

View Full Version : West side

Lone Stone
07-09-2012, 09:44 PM
I have fished the east side of the Chip since I was a kid. Only crossed over to the west side 2 times. How is the fishing over there? Thinking about spending a day on that side, but only have 2 1/2 days to fish. Would I be better off staying on the water I know?

Jax
07-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I have fished the east side of the Chip since I was a kid. Only crossed over to the west side 2 times. How is the fishing over there? Thinking about spending a day on that side, but only have 2 1/2 days to fish. Would I be better off staying on the water I know?

The fishing is just as good on the West side but if you only have 2 1/2 days i'd defintely stick to what you know. You could spend a life time fishing the flowage or either side and still not learn everything.

My suggestion would be if you want to fish the West side while you are up there is to hire a guide......Ty....cough...... and have them take you on the West side for the day to learn some spots and learn a little bit more about the West side.

Ty Sennett
07-11-2012, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the slight hint Jax.

The west side is just as good as the east but just like the east side it takes time to figure things out. Some areas require deeper fishing and some require shallow fishing. As a general, rule the clearer the water the deeper you should fish. That applies during the day anyway. Most of our action yesterday was on the west side just so you know. The nice thing was that we didn't see anyone casting for muskies all day. Lots of pontoons though.

Lone Stone
07-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks Jax and Ty. I need to get out with you again. We just decided a couple weeks ago to come up. Maybe plan ahead more next year and get you booked again. I got a couple spots I would like to try on the east side that I have always ignored.