PDA

View Full Version : Big Chip fishing report 8-o4-2012

walleyemaxx
08-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided a father and son Jeff and Jake yesterday for a half day picking them up at the Lake Chippewa Campground. We started out under heavy clouds that threatened rain, but after an hour or so, the skies cleared into a beautiful afternoon. The high pressure system also made the fishing tough. We caught 5 walleyes keeping 2 and lost another at the boat. We also caught a couple dozen bluegills, but only a couple crappies and 1 small Sm bass. The fish were not very active with the weather change but we still had an enjoyable time working the system. Lots of light bites which made it a challenge, but thats why they call it fishing. Both Jeff and Jake did lose a big fish each that we never saw. Both fish were big putting a good bend in their poles. In Jakes case, the line broke and Jeffs fish, the hook just came out.

Caught all but the crappies on jigs and leeches. The crappies on slip bobber and minnows. Saw lots of fish on the locator, but they were not feeding. I was able to show Jeff and Jake lots of woody humps that they marked into their GPS unit. Now they know what the woody humps look like on the electronics and have a bunch of humps to fish all week.

If you would like to learn more about my system of fishing and to have me show you some woody humps to mark into your GPS unit, give me a call. you'll also have the opportunity to use my lead free jigs and tell me what you think of them. I like to fish the heavily snaggy ares and do loose a lot of jigs. That is why non-toxic lead free jigs are so important. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx