PDA

View Full Version : Last minute advice

JohnMG
08-06-2012, 02:10 PM
I am heading up the 11th-18th for my annual trip. Just thinking about a few things that I would like to get responses on.

1.) I was watching a bunch of Joe Bucher shows I recorded. The great majority of his hits came within a casting distance of a shoreline. A lot of Chip fishing is on main lake bars off shore some but then I recalled the 2 musky I did catch were very close to shoreline and most follows were the same. I did fish main lake bars and weeds a lot but was surprised when the Bucher action got me thinking about shoreline fishing. Thoughts?

2.) High water temps require quick, safe releases which have been discussed here but how much do the high temps seem to effect fishing location and depths?

3.) I don't fish double blades much. Does a power handle help or hurt when using other baits? I know casting with the handle down is important. Just wondering if I should put one on.

4.) What do you like to do for topwater follows? Submerge for figures 8's, circles on top, L-turn on top?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Ty Sennett
08-07-2012, 07:27 AM
1. Most of Joe's fishing is shot on Lake of the Woods. Forget everything you saw him do. If anything most people I see are fishing too close to shore/structure on the Chip.

2. High water temps will change the game but right now the water temps aren't high at all.

3. I use power handles on everything. I don't like using a reel without one.

4. An L turn works the best . Try to do it about ten feet out. A longer rod helps.

ChipVet
08-07-2012, 04:56 PM
1. Most of Joe's fishing is shot on Lake of the Woods. Forget everything you saw him do. If anything most people I see are fishing too close to shore/structure on the Chip.

2. High water temps will change the game but right now the water temps aren't high at all.

3. I use power handles on everything. I don't like using a reel without one.

4. An L turn works the best . Try to do it about ten feet out. A longer rod helps.

Everything?? pretty tough talk

Have you managed the pinacle of guiding and got the White One a fish yet??

Ty Sennett
08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Ok, most everything.

Whitey isn't here yet.