PDA

View Full Version : Leave the cowgirls at home!!!!!!

Frank Walsh
08-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Muskie gives angler a painful surprise

KENORA, Ont. — Jon Olson of Kenora landed more than a 10th place finish during the recent Kenora Bass International fishing tournament on Lake of the Woods.

As reported by the Canadian Broadcasting Corp., Olson was waiting in his boat at the dock before the KBI weigh-in when he dipped his bare feet in the water.

That’s when he felt something tug on his left foot.

“All of a sudden, this muskie came up and grabbed the bottom of my foot and latched on, just for a second or two, until I lifted my foot out of the water, and he let go,” Olson told Gord Ellis of the CBC in Thunder Bay, Ont. “I lifted him about a foot out of the water before he let go.”

Olson estimated the muskie measured about 40 inches and weighed 15 to 20 pounds, the CBC reported. Olson sustained cuts on the top of his foot but didn’t get any stitches, although he probably should have, he told Ellis.

“I’ll definitely think twice before doing that again,” he said.

Tim Kelly
08-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Pearson will now be thinking of ways of speed trolling his feet, maybe with treble rigged quick detachable slippers, as part of his pelagic trolling spread. The ultimate edge!

DSmith
08-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Goes along with Shark Week on Discovery Channel which aired last week. I will have to be careful jumping out of the boat for lures that are stuck on the rocks while casting for Muskie. Right Frank?

dpear
08-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Good plan Tim!:D
I got back late today and thanks to the worlds greatest dock boy my lawn was mowed so I went fishing awhile instead.I got another pleasant surprise doing that and made some noise in Camp when I came in.THANKS Jake!!!!