PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 8-20-2012

walleyemaxx
08-20-2012, 09:16 PM
Hi everyone,

Guided Steve and Dick out of Timberlake resort today. With a cold mist rising off the water from the 35 degree air temps, I noticed the water temps were at 68. Two weeks ago they were 84! What a difference. But the air temps warmed up into the high 70's quickly with mostly sunny skies and a soft northwest wind. A very beautiful day. The fish were sluggish with the fast cool down of the water, but we managed a lot of fish. Steve expresed an interest in bluegills and bluegills we caught. We caught over 80 between the 3 of us keeping 60. We also caught some nice perch and crappies. didn't have our limit, but were close. We also caught bass and two walleyes keeping one walleye.

Caught most fish on jigs and leeches with a few on the slip bobber rigs baited with minnows. Caught all fish relating to deep wood in some way. The best spot we kept losing jigs because the fish were right in the wood. Luckily we were using my non toxic lead free jigs. If you are in need of a guide, give me a holler. August is almost full and September is filling fast, so book your fall walleye trip soon. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx