PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this thing would eat a DC-10??

Red Childress
09-02-2012, 01:35 PM
One of several pictures my clients and I took last month while fishing the Allegheny River. At first, I thought it was a big arse dog swimming around but with that sized head, it had to be a bear. We circled around her a couple of times a took several pictures. If you enlarge the pic, you will see she has a tag in her left ear.

Anyone know the story behind the bear tagging in PA?? I have heard that she may have had an unfavorable encounter with humans then tranquilized, tagged and set free. If she has another encounter, then she will be put down. Fact or fiction??

Bob Seybold
09-03-2012, 02:07 PM
One of several pictures my clients and I took last month while fishing the Allegheny River. At first, I thought it was a big arse dog swimming around but with that sized head, it had to be a bear. We circled around her a couple of times a took several pictures. If you enlarge the pic, you will see she has a tag in her left ear.

Anyone know the story behind the bear tagging in PA?? I have heard that she may have had an unfavorable encounter with humans then tranquilized, tagged and set free. If she has another encounter, then she will be put down. Fact or fiction??

Wow ! Thats pretty cool Red. I seen Moose in Canada up close beside the boat and they can really move in the water but never a Bear. This Bear could of been trapped and tug or tug as a cub. I know they will relocate a nuisance bear and have moved the same bear many times, however I have never heard of the PGC. euthanizing one for that reason. Health reasons yes. We have had alot of Bears this year and will try and post some pics if I can. I would sure hate to snag that ! Thanks for the cool post.