PDA

View Full Version : Water levels on LBDN

Bigonfish
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi, how low the water is in general? I usually like my boat docked at Vagabond but with lack of rain this summer I'm concerned. Our October trip last year was ruined by wind conditions. Looking forward to a sucessful outing this time. Thanks for any info.

The Bait Shop Guy
09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
The current water levels are some of the lowest I've seen, here. Still not much problem getting out from the main boat launches, though.

Tugboat
09-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Hi, how low the water is in general? I usually like my boat docked at Vagabond but with lack of rain this summer I'm concerned. Our October trip last year was ruined by wind conditions. Looking forward to a sucessful outing this time. Thanks for any info.

10 inches lower than last year at this time. http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/greatlakes/hh/datalinks/PrinterFriendly/weekly.pdf

Bigonfish
09-07-2012, 02:47 PM
Thanks. I talked to Vagabond owners, they say it's deep enough at the end of the dock - 2 fow or so. If anyone's actually been there and tried to navigate between deep water and their dock, please reply to this thread. Info is greatly appreciated!

jfish121
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks. I talked to Vagabond owners, they say it's deep enough at the end of the dock - 2 fow or so. If anyone's actually been there and tried to navigate between deep water and their dock, please reply to this thread. Info is greatly appreciated!

I remember I used to go there when I was kid and it was anywhere 5 to 6 feet off of the end of the dock. That was like 20 years ago. I recently looked at some pictures of the Vagabond on facebook, and I couldn't believe how low it has come down. I don't think it's a lack of rain. Im thinking somebody is taking the water from the great lakes. Where? Who knows. But somebody in congress or the senate should investigate where it is actually going. I don't believe in the global warming theory either. Sorry for the rant.