PDA

View Full Version : musky hunt

andracke
09-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Anyone fishing in the Musky hunt? Or heard of any results?

Dave Hardy
09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
I am not fishing in it this year, but my brother mentioned that there were several decent fish caught on the first day. Don't quote me, but I recall him telling me there was a 48", 46" and a few other 40"+ fish caught on day 1. Hopefully this year's results improve from some of the prior years.

I will post anything passed on to me from him...and will try to get some details.

earlyretirement
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
check out the deer run resort page, there was some fish of interest listed on there. Looks like the top water bite continues. Also looks like the results will be improved from last year. I did manage a 46 on a pacemaker tonight. Second year in a row that I catch my biggest fish during this tournament that I am once again not in.

Ty Sennett
09-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Dave, I'm sure youknow by now that your brother caught a 47 on a Pacemaker last night. That was a really heavy fish. We went 0 for 3 on Pacemaker hits last night.

Bill Gardner
09-08-2012, 10:40 AM
I dropped by Treeland's this morning to check the list, and a 51.25 had been caught yesterday near the campground. Also a 48 on Pete's Bar and a couple of other large ones, including one on something called 60-inch bar. Anybody have an idea where that is?

Ty Sennett
09-08-2012, 08:38 PM
People make up names for their own spots a lot. probably one of those spots.

Doug Hardy
09-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I fished in the tournament and caught a 47" on 60" Bar (more about that later) with a Pacemaker. There were 23 fish registered for the tournament, with 15 of them being 40" and larger. While the total number is lower than past years, the size is probably one of, if not the best year. the top 5 were 51.25", 48.5", 48', 47" and 47". I do not believe the top end has been loaded with this many fish. The full results are on the Chippewa Flowage website and they typically include pictures of the event and fish.

earlyretirement, last year your 46" would have tied for biggest fish!

Bill,
Regarding 60" Bar, my brothers and I have been fishing the Chip for @ 20 years and when we first started there was a story that somebody hooked a 60" fish; had the fish in the net and the thing was so big, it broke through the net and escaped. Hence, the name and we just stuck with it. This is probably my favorite spot to fish and a lot of people fish the bar.

I will try to include a picture and you should be able to figure it out.

Doug

andracke
09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
The 51.5" says it was caught at lake Chippewa campground. The picture looks like he is standing on the dock. Was it caught off the dock or kept and the photo was taken on the dock. Anyone know?

Bill Gardner
09-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Lots of nice fish this year. Last year, the tournament ended on Sept. 11 and my wife and I went out a couple of hours after it ended and caught a 48-incher, my first musky caught while musky fishing on the flowage (caught a 19-incher bass fishing.) I was wearing a Paradise Shrimp (Bonita Springs, Florida) cap when I caught it, so I immediately named that bar Paradise Bar. As for 60-inch bar, it doesn't appear to be in the area where I hang out mostly. I fished Paradise Bar a bit today hoping for an anniversary fish but nothing happened. Day isn't over though.