PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-09-2012

walleyemaxx
09-10-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi everyone,

Fall is in the air. As I idled down Hay creek toward Dun Rovin to pick up Monte and Dave, the 40 degree air temps and 69 degree water temps made wisps of mist to rise off the water and the gentle north wind made small water spouts that quickly dissapated as I motored by. With these extreme cold front conditions, I knew th morning would be tough sledding. Sometimes you hate to be right. The morning produced a slow bite but we managed 1 walleye and a few bluegills. I assured the guys that the afternoon would be better.

After lunch, we found paydirt-err-water. The fish seemed hungry after fasting all morning and the fishing was actually very fast at times. I also changed tactics. We caught fish in deeper water in the sunken bogs finally and we also fished weeds and caught them there. We ended the day with a very respectable stringer of nice eating size fish-walleyes,bass,and bluegills.

We caught 7 walleyes keeping 4 and about 2 dozen bass-both LGM. and SMM. keeping 4 of those as well. To add to the enjoyment we caught crappie,perch,and bluegill keeping only a half dozen bluegills for the pan. Caught fish split evenly between jigs and leeches and minnows and on bobber rigs with minnows. My leech supply is almost gone, so soon it will have to be minnows.

On the way back to Dun Rovin, we saw a bear swimming across the lake by Popple Island. I snapped a picture as we went by. Didn't want to get to close so the pic. isn't very sharp, but you can see it's a bear.

We're starting to catch a better size average for walleyes which is typical for the fall season. If you want to have a chance to chase some fall walleye, give me a shout. We can work up a plan of attack. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx