PDA

View Full Version : Fayette Boat Launch

Like2Fish
09-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Hello,

I've launched out of Fayette State Park facility over the past several years a handful of times. I notice that the lake is now down about 10 inches from this time last year. Can anyone provide me with an update on the Fayette launch? I have a 19 foot fiberglass boat with a 225. Do you think I'll be able to get my rig in and out of the launch? If I remember correctly the tiny bay the launch is in does shallow up pretty quickly as you leave the launch and head out to Big Bay. I really didn't have a problem launching out of Fayette last year and saw several other larger boats launch there as well. As we all know this is a different year.

Thanks for your help,
Like2Fish

tomjohn
09-15-2012, 06:41 PM
No problem at all...

Like2Fish
09-16-2012, 01:06 PM
No problem at all...

tomjohn, thanks for the response. I hope to make it up there in the next few weeks. Launching out of Fayette is much more convenient than Garden Bay for the areas I like to fish in the fall. Thanks again for the help.

Like2Fish

Like2Fish
10-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I was able to make it up to Garden Peninsula this past weekend. I decided to launch out of Garden rather than Fayette. I was surprised by how low the water level is even around the launch in Garden. It seems a lot lower than when I launched in the later half of June. Water levels around the Garden launch is just under 2 feet. On Sunday we did run down to Fayette and noticed that 4 boats, all aluminum, did launch out of Fayette. While talking to a gentleman at the Garden launch Saturday he mention that there was some dredging done recently at the Namaha launch for anyone that might be interested in that particular facility. He didn't really say what work was done, I would guess the channel on the way out as it seems to be an area of concern at Namaha. We fished for bass this weekend and the fishing was good.

tomjohn
10-08-2012, 08:45 PM
The bass fishing in BBDN is always good.