PDA

View Full Version : September 15th report

Ty Sennett
09-16-2012, 06:39 AM
I had a couple rookies out yesterday and we had some pretty sweet backlashes. One good fifteen minute cutter on the first cast and another about twenty to twenty five minute patience maker an hour later. They got their casting down and caught a few non target species. Dale did have one really cool follow on his Pacemaker and then it ate it perfectly. I turned and grabbed the net only to see Dale with the Pacemaker at the end of his rod with no fish. I'm not sure what happened in between watching the fish swallow the bait and grabbing the net. I'm guessing nothing good. It was a nice day out and those guys were good guys and tried hard. You can't get them every time.

Rachel and I fished about an hour at sundown and she had one hit a Pacemaker that seemed pretty big but it didn't hook up. It was too nice of a night to sit at home.

Good luck,

Mark Benson
09-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Try this for those bad backlashes Ty... Someone showed this to Ted Peck middle of the summer... I've had the chance to try it a couple of times since then, it actually might help on those bad ones before you have to cut!!! There are a couple of others there that show the same thing.

Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDI5kwR5zjc

Ty Sennett
09-18-2012, 08:51 AM
It's pretty hard to take advice from a bass guy!!!!

Just kidding, I love bass fishing. Actually I'd love to get into the bass tournaments. That would mean no more guiding so that's not going to happen.

Thanks Mark,