PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 9-24-2012

walleyemaxx
09-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Another day of hurricane winds today. It came blasting out of the South West at ludicrus speed. Made boat control very tough but not impossible. Luckily the air temps were warm in the 60's with filtered sunshine. The water temps were at 56 degrees for most of the day. I started out fishing my favorite sunken bog pattern but after a few hours of not even a bite, I headed for the weeds. That's where I found some fish. I caught 5 walleyes, lots of perch,SM bass, and a northern and had Lots of other bites that I missed. Two of the walleyes were of keepable size, but I released everything. I used minnows and leeches catching most of the fish with the leeches both jigging and on the slip bobber.

The weeds that produceds were shallow at 4-5 feet deep but with a quick acccess to deep water. I tried some sloping flats with weeds but they weren't doing it. I worked the weed beds that had the strong wind blowing into them. Quite the trick to get the anchor to hold, but I was able to succeed After Dragging the anchor a few times. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx