PDA

View Full Version : East Fork Report

Texas Dan
09-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Fished the east fort 24-26. Like Ty reported the fish were lazy. Had about 6 hit suckers and landed 3....37, 38, and 40 (tiger...my year for tigers). I lost 4 fish on tubes and jerk baits...hitting short. They were actually playing with the suckers....I was amazed.....wish I had some video!

Dan

andracke
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Dan what kind of tubes were you throwing? Any good colors? I have always wanted to start throwing those more and never have.

Texas Dan
09-27-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm actually using a discontinued 8" Lindy tiger tube in a sucker color. I like the rigging because it has a fixed single hook attached to the internal jig head and treble attached by a short wire that extends to the back tentacles. The back treble is usually money....I have only failed to land 1 fish that struck (this week sadly). It is a great fall bait - I have caught a ton of late fall fish on this tube - the colder the water the better.

Red October has good looking tubes and the closest rigging to the tiger tube is the "casting/swimming" rig (it has an additional treble near the nose). The pumpkin color is very close to what I am throwing. A straight retrive with an occasional rip is good, as is a pumping retrieve - they usually hit on the fall back.

http://www.redoctoberbaits.com/index.php?categoryID=12

Good luck...it is a great time of year to throw these baits!

Ty Sennett
09-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like you had some good action again.