PDA

View Full Version : Who Is In Charge at Gladstone Marine????

Frank S
09-27-2012, 06:01 PM
Coming in tonight about 4:30 pm, saw that someone was pulling in the buoys that mark the channel out of Gladstone Marina.. Sep 28?? With the low water the rocks on the N side (port as you are leaving) are just inches under the water, disaster waiting to happen. The Chamber of Commerce, motels, businesses, all try to bring tourists to the area for the great fall fishing in BaydeNoc. Why??? would the marina put these people in danger of boat damage at least, personal danger easily by pulling the markers so early? Irresponsible and dangerous. People fishing at night, unfamiliar with area, crazy. I'm sure the bathooms and fish-cleaning station will be closed early and late, and the markers are gone, but the launch fee will be enforced. Not sure who is responsible, but IMO, a very bad decision. Nice day today?? Lets pull them, to He** with the tourists. Asleep at the wheel.

xtroll
09-27-2012, 06:51 PM
Coming in tonight about 4:30 pm, saw that someone was pulling in the buoys that mark the channel out of Gladstone Marina.. Sep 28?? With the low water the rocks on the N side (port as you are leaving) are just inches under the water, disaster waiting to happen. The Chamber of Commerce, motels, businesses, all try to bring tourists to the area for the great fall fishing in BaydeNoc. Why??? would the marina put these people in danger of boat damage at least, personal danger easily by pulling the markers so early? Irresponsible and dangerous. People fishing at night, unfamiliar with area, crazy. I'm sure the bathooms and fish-cleaning station will be closed early and late, and the markers are gone, but the launch fee will be enforced. Not sure who is responsible, but IMO, a very bad decision. Nice day today?? Lets pull them, to He** with the tourists. Asleep at the wheel.

I agree, and to take it farther... they should consider dredging this winter as well.

Capt. Keith Wils
09-28-2012, 05:19 AM
The web site is www.gladstonemi.org and the phone # for the Recreation Office is 906-428-9222. I agree anybody new to the area or even if your not the bouys should be in place until ice up. Call the city and let them know.