PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report 9-28-2012

walleyemaxx
09-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Hi everyone,

What a beautiful day today. Filtered sunshine with a soft west wind and warm air temps with the trees starting to turn colors. This is always my favorite time of year. Working hard I was able to boat quite a few fish. I caught SM bass, walleyes, and a load of perch. I only kept 4 perch for the pan and released every thing else. The walleyes were all small as were the bass. I caught every thing on jigs with leeches and slip bobber and leech. I tried minnows but nothing would eat them, so I used mainly leeches.

I started out fishinng on the deeper sunken bogs, went to the weeds , but finally found fish by drifting a big mid depth area of sunken bogs. Lost a lot of jigs in the process, but had a good amount of action. I was thinking that the deeper areas would produce, but the water temps are still at 58-60 degrees and the fish are still hunting the mid depth areas. With the soft West wind I was able to drift slowly and cover a lot of territory effectively. I just wanted to give a warning to everyone boating on the Big Chip about the floating mud bogs. They are everywhere it seems so be carefull. Some are big and easily seen, but there are some small ones that are floating low in the water.

Now is an exciting time of year to be fishing for walleyes. With the trees all turning an array of colors and the allure of huge walleyes,now's the time. I still have some leeches so if you need a guide, give me a call. we'll use my leeches on my lead free jigs untill we use them all up catching big walleyes. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx