PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 10-19-2012

walleyemaxx
10-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Hi everyone,

Took Jim from deerfoot lodge for a morning fishing yesterday. That's just what it was- fishing. The catching was nowhere to be seen. But Jim enjoyed being out and learning more about the Big Chip. We had a few hits, but the fish would not seal the deal. Just stop the jig and drop it.

Jim had bussiness to attend to for the afternoon so after lunch, I went out for a few hours. Didn't do much better. Of all things, I caught a bluegill on a jig and fathead minnow. Also got some pike and that was it. Did have more hits in the afternoon but the same story of hitting the jig and then let it go. Saw lots of fish on the electronics every where I went. they just weren't feeding. It was a cold cloudy day wih a wind that steadily got stronger from the North East. water temps are holding at 48 degrees and finally did not see a bug hatch going on. Seems to have been more hatches this year then I can remember for a long time. Hopefully the wallleyes will put on the feed bag soon. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx