PDA

View Full Version : 10/28

Jerry Tipping
10-28-2012, 05:59 PM
I had a morning trip booked for this morning on "Pete", but they had to cancel on Thursday, so I went out on "The Rock" for a couple of hours late morning. I launched at 10 am and went out to a spot on the old river channel that has a lot of tree tops and brush. I wanted to be home by half time of the GB game so not much time to look around. I poked into a few tree tops with only a few "shorties", and the found a good one. With no wind, my Minn Kota I-Pilot with Spot-Lock kept me directly over the spot and i fished dead rods with crappie minnows, and crawler pieces and boated 3 "keepers, 13 "shorties", 8 crappies(kept 5), 5 perch, 5 Bluegills, 2 white bass, and 1 sheephead. Air temp was 48 degrees, and with no wind it was really warm. I had to take my coat off the sun was so warm. I really hated to leave, but we all have our priorities. The weather for the whole week looks great. Get out and take advantage of the great fall bite! I may go out again tomorrow if I can dodge the "Honey-Do List".:rolleyes:

Keep a tight line !!!

Jerry