PDA

View Full Version : Weekend report

peter8
11-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I fished friday nite 11pm-6am. I spent about 1/2 the time trying spots shallow that produced last year but no luck. I switched to deep HJ and RR and ended up catching 3 fish all about 22" in 20'-27' of water. I missed another 3 fish when removing the boards as all fish were hitting lite, all caught on back hooks. Fished sat. 6pm to 4am . I started out with a 22 mile trip south to some humps that had produced before. I fished 3 hrs. and only caught 1 fish but it was 28". caught on RR blueberry muffin in 24'. I got back up in the bay around 11pm and fished deep for about 2 hrs and caught a couple more eaters then switched to shallow HJ's and hit 2 more fish, biggest was 26" I lost 2 more fish when taking off the boards. Problem was I was fishing alone combined w/ the lite bite. all the fish I caught this weekend were on back trebles. I had more bumps w/ no hook ups than I've had in the past 10 years combined. The fish just didn't seem real agressive! The 28"er never even pulled the board back! I found him on when picking up to move back north. Nice surprise!!. All in all a good trip although it produced about 1/3 the fish as my 1st trip last year. I will be back. Good luck!

bubblehead
11-07-2012, 04:48 PM
How fast were you running? Any other reports? Have they pulled the docks yet?

peter8
11-08-2012, 08:37 AM
How fast were you running? Any other reports? Have they pulled the docks yet?

I was running 1.2-2.0 mph. Water temps 43-45 degrees. The launch at Kipling was very shallow ,I saw no tandem trailers there, Gladstone was very nice cost $4 and worth it. I'm sure that Escanaba was good also but I didn't use it. The docks were in. I'm sure Chris will post when they are removed. Good luck.