PDA

View Full Version : Any good bucks this year so far?

toothyfishman
12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
My boy got a sweet 9 point on the first day 19.5" outside spread. That mentor program has been good to him, that is his 3rd buck and he's just 11 yrs. old. I'll get a pic on here when I get a chance.
I had a crack at one the second day that was nice....passed on a small buck 4th day, can't get beat out by the boy, his will be tough to beat.

HD Fatboy
12-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Congrats Jake that's one nice Buck!

When it comes to hunting and fishing you have accomplished more at age 11 than some adults!

Again Congrats to you and your Dad!

bowhunter29
12-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I was able to shoot a decent 7 here in PA in archery season. I saw several better bucks, but getting them in for a shot is a different story!

I was fortunate to shoot a 150" 8 point in VA's early muzzleloader season. We hit it just right, the mature bucks were chasing like crazy! I saw seven bucks down there in 5 days of hunting and four of those bucks were big boys. I was only able to get one of them on the ground...but I'm not complaining.

jeremy

toothyfishman
12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
That is sweet! Congrats
The VA buck is a tank, is that public land or you know some people there?

Can't say I've ever done that good. I got a 6 in NY and an 8 in PA one year but much, much smaller.
Now I skip the NY hunting and use that time to muskie hunt....My NY hunting time resulted in a 45" this year.
I'd sooner fish than hunt anymore but Jake....not so much....so I'm getting back into hunting again. He's doing awesome and it sure is fun seeing how serious about it all he is. Archery hunting I figured he'd be bored and not want to go unless we saw something everynight. He's all about it. Next year he graduates out of the mentor program and we can carry 2 weapons so I guess I need to get my bow tuned up!!!! LOL

Any other sucessful hunters out there????

bowhunter29
12-07-2012, 04:10 PM
That's a public land buck. I hunt some pretty remote mountains down there and there's hardly any hunting pressure.

jeremy