PDA

View Full Version : January 5th and 6th ice fishing report

Ty Sennett
01-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I had a guide trip the last two days with Joe Rupulski(sorry for the last name spelling Joe) and some of his college friends. Joe and his friends belong to the UW Eau Claire rod and gun club which is a pretty cool thing for a college to have. We fished pike and crappie Saturday and Sunday. We ended up with a good bunch of crappie and bluegill and missed quite a few pike but took home some good eaters and threw back some little ones. The crappie were hitting ok. We had some good streaks where they were pretty aggressive but overall it was average. Right at sundown yesterday one of the guys was dialed in pretty good on jig and plastics and caught a bunch in a row. We didn't measure any but I'm sure some were in the 12 inch range and most that we kept were 9 1/2 to 11 inches. We didn't have much pike action yesterday but we were set up in more of a crappie area. We only caught one keeper and lost a nice pike trying to lift it out of the hole. I had a great time with that crew. They were really into fishing and hunting so we had a lot to talk about and they knew their stuff. It's good to see colleges start programs like the one Eau Claire did.

Good luck,