PDA

View Full Version : St. Croix's Bargain Room

Red Childress
02-07-2013, 06:56 PM
There are some very nice sale prices here.

For example: A 9' 10wt./4pc Legend Ultra Fly Rod.............(retail is 380.00) on sale for 190.00.

http://www.stcroixrods.com/shop/catalog/Bargain_Room-22-1.html

ttabaleulb
02-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Oh man, thats awesome!! Thanks for the heads up Red. I don't need ANOTHER flyrod, but I don't think I can pass this one up as the St. Croix I have right now is my favorite Musky rod I've used so far.

Red Childress
02-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Well Jay, did you pull the trigger on that fly rod or what??

ttabaleulb
02-12-2013, 08:35 AM
LOL You're damn right I did. I already decided its gonna get set up with a fast sink tip flyline for this season. That will be a new facet to my attack this year. I'm hopin getting the fly down an extra few feet will open up a bit more of the water column for me. I tried some sinking line a couple years back that was absolutely HORRIBLE to cast. I've been doing some research and might end up trying some RIO Striper line that the guys at Vermont FLy Guys are fans of. I'm psyched to get things rolling!!

By the way, do I see some sort of Twitter feed on the Home Page? I'm usually oblivious to it, so you may have mentioned it already in another thread but I'd be curious to see how that all works. I'm not currently a Twitter member, but could see that being quite interesting.

Red Childress
02-12-2013, 09:25 AM
In all the articles I have been reading, the Rio line is mentioned quite a bit when talking about getting flies deep. Regarding Twitter, there was a decent thread a few months ago discussing Twitter accounts and the like. Lowbidder, myself and a couple of other members have set up accounts and work the Twitter scene a little. I basically do it just to keep up with technology and to appease the under 30 crowd. When the Spring season starts up next month, I will start "tweeting" more info and fishing reports so the younger crowd will be able to follow our fishing reports easier.

Just click on the icon on the home page to see my account. It is super easy to set up too.

ttabaleulb
02-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Same here, I've heard good things about most of their lines. I'll give it a try and see how things go.

I gotcha. I seem to remember that thread about Twitter now that you mention it. I'll definitely have to check it out. One of the things that could be pretty cool is the possibility of people tweeting right at the time of a fish catch. Could be an interesting way to see if multiple fish are caught around the same times around the "twitter-verse".