PDA

View Full Version : BDNGLSF Ice Out Perch Tournament

The Bait Shop Guy
05-03-2013, 12:25 PM
The Bay De Noc Great Lakes Sport Fisherman's annual Ice Out Perch Tournament has been rescheduled to Saturday, May 11th, noon to 6pm.

Entry fee is $30 per boat, plus $10 per team for the optional "Big Fish" pot. You may fish by yourself, with a friend, or with the whole family. Entry forms will be available at Bay View Bait and Tackle, Bayshore Resort, or you can sign up the day of the tournament.

All participants must be paid members of the BDNGLSF. Annual dues are $20 for those 17 to 54, $10 for 55+, and free for kids 16 and younger.

Boat inspection starts at 10:30 in the Kipling boat launch. Rules meeting starts at 11:30, with boat launch to follow. You may use any launch you want, but you must stay in the waters of LBDN, (slot limit boundaries.)

Weigh-in will be held in the parking lot of the Shorewood Motel, (across the road from the Kipling launch.)You must be in the parking lot by 6pm. Any teams arriving after 6pm will be disqualified.

Each team will weigh their 10 largest perch. Cash prizes for the top 3 teams plus the biggest perch weighed.

A fish fry will follow for all participants.

If you have any questions, contact tournament director Chris Wahl @ 786-1488 or 553-2936.

The Bait Shop Guy
05-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Forecast isn't looking very good for Saturdays event - http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Escanaba+MI+49829:4:US?pagenum=3&nextbeginIndex=24 Winds in the 20 mph range, with gusts to 30 mph, isn't very much fun to fish in! I currently only have two teams signed up to fish. If I don't get at least 6, I'm cancelling the tournament. If there are 6 or more, and we decide we don't want to fish in that weather, I'll cancel it. We'll make the call at 11:30.

The Bait Shop Guy
05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Event cancelled due to poor weather and only 3 teams showing up. It will not be re-scheduled, (already been re-scheduled once.) Sundays forecast is even worse than todays, plus it's Mother's Day. Next weekend is the first weekend of walleye season.

Maybe next year.