PDA

View Full Version : BDNGLSF Early Bird walleye tourney, a Cabela's NTC qualifier

The Bait Shop Guy
05-18-2013, 11:33 AM
The Bay de Noc Great Lakes Sport Fishing club will be holding it's annual Early Bird Walleye tournament on Sunday, May 26th. Entry fee is $60 per team. Entry forms available at local bait shops. You may also sign up the morning of the tournament. Both teammates must be paid members of the BDNGLSF. Take-off and weigh-in will be held at the North Shore boat launch. Boat inspection starts at 6 AM. Rules meeting at 6:45. Each team will weigh five fish, with no more two over 23 inches.

$10 of every entry will go to food after weigh-in. 100% payback of the other $50. Lots of door prizes will be given out and a 50/50 raffle will also be held at the weigh-in. If you have any questions, contact tournament director Kelly King @ 428-4299

The BDNGLSF Walleye tournaments are Cabela's Nation Team Championship (NTC) qualifying events. You must be registered prior to the event to qualify for one of the three available NTC spots. If you have any questions about the NTC, contact Jerry Plourde @ 420-0022

lilnoc
06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Would like to know the results of the tournament held on the 26th. I happen to be up there at the time at my home in Stonington and used the launch out of Kipling each day while I was there. I fished several days out of the North end with very little success. I have been coming up to the Bay now for over 20 years this trip had to be the slowest I have ever seen the bite. I had a hard time coming up with 1 keeper per day. Spoke to boaters coming off the lake and had the same results. My expertise doesn't come with Walleye Fishing but I have had limits in the past 3 out of 4 days in May. Whats your thoughts on the bite, I see your fishing for Smallmouth Bass and Perch.

Fastcat
06-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Winners had 18.55# 2 teams tied at 2nd with 18.15#

befishin
06-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Anybody know the schedule for the rest of the club's tournaments?

The Bait Shop Guy
06-12-2013, 11:17 AM
The Bays Classic will be on Sunday, August 11th, and the Last Chance will be on Sunday, September 8th.