PDA

View Full Version : Hovercraft?

JBovay
05-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Can anyone tell me what the hovercraft was doing Saturday night between 9:30 pm. and Midnight in the shallows of the Whitefish and up the Rapid River? At first we thought they were doing a test run of some kind, but they specifically were moving over the shallow areas and then up the Rapid. Hope it was all on the up and up...DNR working Saturday night?

Otherwise, anyone find some biting walleye at the north end? Been kind of tough. Cold spell??

jfish121
05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes, I saw the same thing as well. I talked to the one of my neighbors and he was looking through his binoculars and he said that those guys were spearing for Carp. I did manage to catch 1 16" inch walleye on a 1/8 oz chartreuse jig on the north end of the bay about 50 yards off of the drop off on Saturday night. Sunday morning I went to the same spot and caught a 14 inch yellow bullhead. I'm thinking the water needs to warm up a bit and the bite will be on.

JBovay
05-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Carp? Seemed a little cold for them to be in the shallows already. Who has a hovercraft to run around in anyway....other than the DNR or Sheriff's Dept.?

Tightlip
05-31-2013, 03:38 AM
It was a airboat not a hovercraft and yes they were bow fishing for carp and my kids had a ball a lot more fun than the walleye fishing has been so far this year.

KiplingHouse
06-11-2013, 03:46 PM
I think there was another airboat in Kipling this past weekend. It was up in the channel and shining a lot of light.