PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 6-20-2013

walleyemaxx
06-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi everyone,

Had a mixed bag of fishing yesterday. Took Mike and Tom from sisko's resort for a full day and split the time between walleye fishing and musky/bass fishing. We had follows and one hit from the muskys and Tom hooked into a very nice northern that straighned out the clasp on his leader just before I could scoop him up in the net. The northern, which was around the 35" mark got the bait and all when he escaped. The action on the muskys and northerns came on glide baits and a small bucktail in weeds 4-8 feet deep.

Fishing the deep wood pattern for walleyes for about half the time we were out, using lead-free jigs tipped with minnows and leeches, we caught a mixed bag of walleyes, northerns and bass. We kept 2 northerns, a walleye, and a bass for the knife, releasing all the other fish.

we had cloudy skies most of the day with what I thought were perfect conditions, a good SE wind making a good walleye chop, with mild air temps in the high 70's. The water temps are still at 71 degrees.

I got an email from a client I guided on Fathers day out of Sisko's resort with his son. Dave informed me that he caught a 28 1/2" walleye and his son caught a 24 1/2" walleye in spots that I had taken him to and using my system of walleye fishing and lead-free jigs. Congrats Dave. A good week of fishing for sure.

Remember to be good stewards of our lakes and use lead-free jigs and spinners. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx