PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-21-2013

walleyemaxx
07-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,

Took Bill and Tami out of Musky Tale resort yesterday for a half day trip. With an absolutely gorgeous day with partly sunny skies and a South wind that made an excellent walleye chop, and a comfortable air temp in the 70's we enjoyed a god mixed bag of walleyes,crappies,perch,and bluegills. I demonstrated my technique of jigging and they'caught' on right away. catching most of the fish on my new inline jigs, we tipped them with leeches and minnows. Most of the crappies were on minnows and the rest were on leeches.

The water temps had gone back down to 77 degrees but the fish were fairly active. We lost more bites then we caught which made for an action filled day. We also did our good deed for the day. We rescued a stranded boater whose motor wouldn't start. I towed him back to his landing so he didn't have to spend the night in his boat.

We fished the deep and mid-depth wood and saw action in most spots. A few spots were quiet but otherwise most spots produced. Remember, snags eat jigs. Go lead-free. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx