PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-22, and 23 2013

walleyemaxx
07-24-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Chris for a half day on Monday. I picked him up at Chippewa Pines resort with heavy dark clouds and a high west wind. Felt like it would storm, but never did. The air temps were warm and humid but after an hour cleared and the temps dropped. The fishing went as the weather. It started out good with walleyes,crappies,perch,and bluegills but when the sky cleared, only the panfish were active. Used my lead-free jigs in the deeper snags with leeches and minnows. After the weather change we would get mostly light hits that we just couldn't get a hook into. Chris still had a good time learning new spots and putting them in his GPS. I guided him last year so he knew my system and he is very good at working it.

On Tuesday I picked up Father/Son Dennis and Dan at Big Musky resort for a full day of walleye fishing. The weather looked threatening at first but cleared to partly sunny for the rest of the day. we had a fair North wind that kept the temps cool enough for a sweat shirt, but it was just a gorgeous time to be on the water. We had a very active day pulling fish in the boat and we lost more then we caught. We landed 7 walleyes keeping 2, a bucket load of crappies but keeping only about 5, perch,Sm bass, bluegills and Dennys specialty,rock bass

We fished mainly the deeper snags with my lead-free jigs tipped with either a leech or minnow. The walleyes were split between the minnows and leeches and the crappies on the minnows and everything else on the leeches. Have both along just in case.I don't use night crawlers because small bluegills will take them before a respectable fish gets a chance.

The water temps were 77 0n Monday and dropped to 75 on Tuesday. The cold fronts moving through are having an affect. But the air temps are very comfortable and it's a great time to be exploring the Chippewa Flowage. Remember to help protect our waters, use lead-free jigs and spinners. good luck fishing everyone.

I have many opening through August and september. If you would like to learn new spots to mark into your GPS and to use my lead-free jigs and spinners including my new inline jig, give me a holler and we'll set up a fishing trip. Thanks

Walleyemaxx