PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-30-2013

walleyemaxx
07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone,

I saw one of the perks of guiding on the Chippewa Flowage today. On my way to Treelands to pick up Don and Helen for a half day trip, I saw this bear swimming across the lake. It was a small one and very curious of my boat. I snapped a quick pic. and left it to his bussiness. Good way to start the day. Don and Helen proved to be excellent anglers and we worked very hard for our fish. But we did catch fish. Only 5 walleyes with no keepers, but boated almost every specie of fish in the lake. All we needed was a musky and lgm bass to complete the cycle. 4 of the 5 walleyes came on lead-free jigs tipped with minnows and all the other fish came on lead-free jigs tipped with leeches. My new inline lead-free jig caught most of the fish and I hope to have them up online for sale soon. Shooting for this weekend.

The weather was heavy overcast with a mist every now and again. We had a SW wind making a good walleye chop and the air temps were in the high 60's. The water temps are falling, down to 68. We fished the deep wood again and Helen proved she could catch stumps with the best. That's just part of the game. It's also why I use lead-free. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx