PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 8-06-2013

walleyemaxx
08-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I entertained Eric and his two sons Russ in the morning and Joe in the afternoon. We started our trek from Deerfoot Lodge under a very cloudy sky with cool air temps but just a modest wind from the west. Fishing the deeper sunken wood pattern with my lead-free jigs we had a fair day with the walleyes with a bunch of crappies and bluegills and a nice big perch. We ended the day with 8 walleyes keeping 3 and only kept one crappie and the perch. Again the bait of choice for the walleyes were the lead-free jigs tipped with minnows. Did get two with leeches but the rest were on minnows. Had more action with minnows which is odd for this time of year. Leeches just aren't getting the hits they usually do. The water temps are hovering around the 70 degree mark which is cooler then usual and may be why the minnow bite is still on.

My new jig which I call the PROgressive jig caught most of the fish. If you want to learn more about this new wave inline jig, go to http://www.americantraditionsfishingtackle.com/category/progressive-jigs Something about the different action from an inline jig versus the standard jig. The hookups were better with the inline jig too. As with all my jigs and spinners, they are lead-free. If you would like to fish a day in my boat using my lead-free assortment of jigs, give me an email or call. Call my land line at 715-945-2138. My cell doesn't get reception at my house in Radisson. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx