PDA

View Full Version : Good perch bite the last couple days

The Bait Shop Guy
08-20-2013, 05:35 AM
The perch fishing has been pretty decent all summer, but I haven't been chasing them too much myself, the last month or so. We've been getting a lot of good reports at the shop this last week. Finally headed out to give it a try the last couple evenings.

With all the strong south wind we've had this week, I figured the south side of Gladstone would be a good place to start. Took a little while to find them Sunday night, but once I did, I had a good flurry of activity just before sunset. Fish were stacked all along the breakline off of Saunders Point, in 20 to 29 feet of water. You had to be anchored on the slope of the breakline. There was hardly anything showing off the base of it. Ended up catching 20 and keeping 12, (little over 1 in 2 was a keeper.)

Monday evening I knew right were to go, and was on fish instantly. Ended the night boating 80 perch! Had to weed through a lot more small fish, but still kept 26, (basically 1 in 4 was a keeper.) Just used perch minnows on perch rigs. Tried using worms Sunday, but the gobies would rob you blind.

Good luck if you get out.