PDA

View Full Version : Big news from Bassmasters Elite series involving Escanaba Mi.

bassindaUP
02-21-2014, 06:12 PM
I found this on Bassmaster website yesterday. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year Championship, Sept. 18-21, in Escanaba, Mich., with competition on Bays De Noc, Lake Michigan. The event host is the city of Escanaba, a partner of Pure Michigan, the official tourism and travel organization for the state.

The culmination of the Bassmaster Elite Series season, this tournament will determine the 2014 Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year, the sport’s prestigious achievement worth $100,000. Also at stake are 29 berths in the 2015 Bassmaster Classic.

To qualify for the championship, an Elite Series pro must be No. 50 or higher in the Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year points standings after the eight events of the 2014 regular season. Points are earned by pros based on their finishes at each of those eight events.

“Ending the season-long Toyota Bassmaster Angler of the Year race with a dedicated tournament escalates the excitement for fans — and raises the bar for Elite Series pros,” said Trip Weldon, B.A.S.S. tournament director.

“The total AOY purse has been increased to $900,000 and pays out from first to 50th place, so all competitors have much at stake, whether or not they’re in contention for the crown,” Weldon said. “Add to that the heated competition for the 29 Classic berths, and the championship sets up as one of the most exciting events of the entire season.”

The Escanaba Pure Michigan competition will be surrounded by a full slate of fan activities, from daily takeoffs and weigh-ins to a Bassmaster Elite Series Expo. Local activities will be coordinated by the Bays De Noc Convention & Visitors Bureau, www.travelbaysdenoc.com.

The Bait Shop Guy
02-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Sorry guys, but due to changes on this site, I will no longer be posting fishing reports and info on Baysdenoc.com.

You can still follow my reports at upangler.com , lake-link.com , michigan-sportsman.com , 906outdoors.com , and Bay View Bait and Tackle's facebook page.

See you on the water.

befishin
02-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Hopefully the MI DNR won't "pen" them in like the WI DNR did a couple of years ago out of GB.

BASS and the anglers weren't real happy with the tournament boundaries.