PDA

View Full Version : Low Profile Reels

RossL
06-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Ty,
I was wondering if you still like low profile reels. I am considering buying a Curado 300E or 300EJ. Which one of the two would you recommend or neither? Any other brand/model instead? FYI - I have a Calcutta 400B and a couple of old Presidents. Would mainly use this for small/mid sized bucktails and twitchbaits. Any one else have some input too? Thanks in advance.

Ty Sennett
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
The Curado EJ is one of the best built reels ever. It will be perfect for what you are looking for. The new Revo NaCl is also really nice. That one is also bulletproof. Hammernick and I used that reel all last year with no problems and that's throwing pounders and cowgirls. Probably the best Cowgirl reel there is.

RossL
06-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info Ty. Do you have the 5.4 or 6.4 gear ratio on the Toro? Which would you recommend for my use if I already have a reel with a power handle for throwing cowgirls. Thanks again.

Mark Benson
06-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Ross:

I am not Ty so take it for its worth... although I did spend a couple years at Rollie and Helens, but if you have a reel that suits you for cowgirls and other biggies, then I would get a high speed reel for burning bucktails, fast line pick-up for jerk/glide baits, etc.

Mark