PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
06-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Tuesdays trip was canceled due to stormy forecasts, but we did make it out yesterday for a half day trip and the walleye were on a pretty good bite. My guests for the morning were a mother/daughter combo, Pat and Chris who shared some very good walleye action with me despite the continued mayfly hatch. Our first two stops produced just one small pike and it didn't look good for our half day trip, but our next few stops changed all that. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads, we worked depths between 8 and 15 feet, all over submerged stumps and laid down wood and boated roughly 20 eyes with 9 of them being very nice keepers. These fish were fully packed with mayflies, but they still took the fatheads, now that is about the least looking match the hatch I can think of. The eyes for the most part were really hugging the bottom and a pickup was very hard to detect, just a slight drag on the line was the only indication you had a fish on. Mayfly hatch still isn't all that large yet and hasn't really put the damper on the bite.

Back out on Saturday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net