PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
08-21-2014, 06:03 AM
My past two trips on Monday and Wednesday were about as different as night and day, weather wise that is. Monday greeted my 3 guests and I with cooler temps along with on and off rain. Keith, Sue and their beautiful black lab, Cola and I started the day by working different areas for walleye but found very little activity from them. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either leeches or fatheads, we worked wind blown shorelines, stump fields, and a good deal of weedy areas and come up with only 4 keeper eyes along with a few smaller throwbacks. After a short pit stop for Cola and a couple of treats for her we switched to lighter tackle and worked several cribs and downed trees looking for panfish and we ended up with 24 bluegills and crappie. Yesterday, my guest Ron and I had very good action from both walleye and crappie. The eyes were relating mostly to wood as we found them in 10 feet of water near submerged stumps and others tucked in the shoreline weeds, large fatheads did the trick on them. After we had our 6 nice keeper eyes, we worked some cribs and a good deal of downed trees and we had our 20 slab crappie to finish our day.

Back out on Friday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net