PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
08-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Walleye action the past two days has been on the slow side while the crappie action has been great. On Friday, my guests Jon and Wade and I started by checking some deep rocky areas with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads and found just a few smaller eyes on these spots. Moving to submerged stumps in 10 feet of water we put a couple of keepers in the well but that was about it in these areas. We then worked shorelines with weeds mixed with wood and found just one more keeper along with some small throwbacks. We then decided to try the cribs for crappie and that paid off big time. Working a good number of them we found another keeper eye and 20 big slab crappie and 4 jumbo perch. Not much of a breeze on Friday, what we did have was out of the east then changing to the north, yuck. Saturdays conditions were pretty much the same as was the bite, slow walleye bite but a great crappie bite. My guest Roger and I started working deep rocks and gravel beds and found some half way decent action from the eyes but all were on the small side. We did find a couple of decent ones in 12 feet of water relating to stumps and downed timber. Looking for better action we moved to an area to try some cribs I have not fished in a couple of years and we found 20 big slabs on only 4 cribs that we fished. With an hour remaining on our morning trip we tried a couple more spots that I haven't fished in awhile, river channel edges with submerged stumps and once again found one more keeper eye and a few small ones.

Back out on Monday, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net