PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
09-29-2014, 05:56 AM
Saturday and Sundays action remained very good for crappie/perch and decent for walleye. My guest for Saturday was Marge and Sundays guest was Tim and on both days we found many crappie and perch not only on the cribs, but also over deep rocks ( 16 to 20 ft.) and many were stacked in the deep river channels as deep as 30 foot, all fish were taken on both 1/16th and 1/8th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with medium to extra large fatheads. Walleyes were on a decent bite but it was quality that was lacking. Saturday, Marge and I did have 4 fairly nice eyes but the majority of eyes we threw back were in the 10 to 12 inch range, good eaters in a couple of years. On Sunday, Tim and I did get a good amount of eyes but all were throwbacks, but the big crappies and jumbo perch we had made up for them.

Back out today, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net

The Tiny Fisherman
09-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Hi Don, Flambeau Fluffy said that she ran into a very nice lady (Marge) at St Croix. Replacing one of your rods and purchasing a new one for herself. Its great that there are gals like Fluffy and Marge. Fluffy is addicted to crappie fishing and doesn't care to fish walleyes. Who knows, maybe she'll switch to bass next. Lol.......:rolleyes: Again Marge, Fluffy was talking non stop about your meeting.

Keep your tip up,