PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
10-13-2014, 06:13 AM
Walleye action the past 3 trips has been good to very good as more and more walleye are getting into the fall pattern and moving into the deep river channels. Thursday and Saturday were the type of days that you know if you spent the entire day fishing for walleyes in the deep river channels you could catch 100 plus fish. Thursdays guest, Virginia, and I fished these channels in the morning hours and found several eyes on every spot we tried, the more garbage (rocks)in the channels the more fish they held. Saturdays half day trip with guests, Dave and Dave was pretty much a repeat of Thursdays action as we boated walleye after walleye out of the deeper channels. At times it was a race to see who would catch the next fish and who was going to net it, a big number morning. Sundays action retreated somewhat but still a decent amount of eyes were caught. Guests for the morning trip, Dwight and Jen and I found the going a little tough as the better part of the areas that I have been fishing were being hammered with big whitecaps and not able to anchor the boat properly. We did however find refuge in enough areas to find our limits of nice fish, most all came from the deep channels, while our two largest came out of 7 foot of water over weeds. All the fish were taken on Reeves jigs tipped with large fatheads.

Back out for 4 more trips this week, will keep you posted.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net