PDA

View Full Version : New Border Restriction.....

Frank Walsh
03-08-2015, 11:41 AM
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is implementing measures to protect Canada's poultry resources from an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza reported in poultry in the states of Minnesota, California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington, USA.

Travellers should know that, due to this outbreak, all raw poultry and all poultry products and by-products that are not fully cooked, including eggs and raw pet foods, sourced, processed, or packaged from the states of Minnesota, California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington are under restriction until further notice. You may not bring these items into Canada.

These measures are a normal part of Canada's animal disease control efforts and are consistent with international guidelines on trade.

Examples of restricted items include:
•live birds and hatching eggs
•eggs, yolks, egg whites (albumen)
•poultry meat (other than fully cooked, canned, commercially sterile meat products)
•raw pet foods containing poultry products
•feathers
•poultry manure and litter
•laboratory material containing poultry products/by-products

DSmith
03-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Guess that I will have to eat more Beef.

Frank Walsh
03-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Think it's a Chick-Fil-A scheme retaliating for the cow commercials.

DSmith
03-10-2015, 06:19 PM
So true. Are you ready for Oklahoma? I can arrange a ride from Fargo. The rest is on me.

dougj@wiktel.com
03-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Looks like a business opportunity to me. Franks's chicken and eggs, Fresh daily!

Doug Johnson

Frank Walsh
03-23-2015, 09:28 AM
The first of the laying chickens just arrived before the ice leaves. Jordan put the finishing touches on the chicken coop. Only decision is what color to paint it. Move over Denny's.........................

dougj@wiktel.com
03-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Do you deliver or is it pick-up only? We'll need a dozen eggs and a couple whole chicken around May 1st.

Frank Walsh
03-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Get the chicken now, and the eggs will be there by the first.

Ed Spoerl
04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
When they say no feathers does that mean I can't bring any marabou's?? :)

Frank Walsh
04-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Don't think the law refers to underwear....................

Frank Walsh
05-03-2015, 02:11 PM
Only getting worse. Think the store in Sprague can retire on egg sales. Of course, it's probably illegal to bring them from Canada into the U.S. now.