PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
05-30-2016, 05:21 AM
The past two days has continued to be on the wet side but that has not had an effect on the walleye bite. On Saturday, my two guests and I started out our day with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with large fatheads and found action in 12 feet of water over wood and came up with a few nice eyes before the bite stopped. Trying a few more similar spots produced nothing so we moved to 8 foot levels and here we came up with another 3 nice keeper eyes and then like magic the bite ended there. Working other similar areas with no action we moved to a little calm bay with a 8 foot deep pocket and here we finished our day with our final 3 keepers. By days end, the calm waters showed the dead results of the days bug hatch, the water was coved with assorted bugs and the medium sized mayflies. Sundays action was altogether different, with fairly strong SW winds blowing, my 3 guests and I started out working wind blown shorelines in as little as 3 foot and great action. The great action at first came from the pike that bit off a good number of our Reeves jigs with either fatheads or 1/2 crawlers. After moving a block or so away from them we found active walleye and in 3 hours we had our limits. After that we spent the rest of the day working shoreline brush, sticks and weeds and found limited action from the pan fish but did get a few nice gills and a number of perch along with some smallies, just a great day.

Back out on Tuesday if weather permits.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net