PDA

View Full Version : TFF Update

Don Pemble
06-17-2016, 06:20 AM
After a few slow days of fishing, the action really picked up on Thursday. Greeted by clear blue sky's and north winds, I decided to work shallow areas that I would not normally be able to fish this time of year due to the high water levels and it paid off big time. Using 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with mostly 1/2 crawler, my two guests and I spent the day working in as little as 2 feet of water bouncing off stumps and digging up mud with the trolling motor and it paid off big time. Right off the bat, we were on a mix of walleye, pike, jumbo perch and the ever popular rock bass, and this bite was on and off all day long. By days end, we had our limits of nice flowage eyes with others tossed back, also in the well were a good number of quality pike and several jumbo perch. Went through a good number of jig to the shallow stumps and several bite offs from the pike. Just an awesome day, 40 plus fish boated, thanks guys, you were a blast, enjoy your filets.

No trips for a few days, a much needed rest starts today, will post after next trip.

Don's Guide Service
715-776-0098
dpemble@centurytel.net