PDA

View Full Version : 10/7

Jerry Tipping
10-07-2019, 07:54 PM
John and Donna from Nekoosa booked another trip on "Pete" for this morning. They have joined me many times over the past years. We launched at Petenwell County Park at 7 am into a strong SSW wind which made for some big swells and white-caps. We started out south on a steep break in 16-20 fow. We each soaked a dead rod and jigged with Black-Tail Chubs, and crawler chunks. It took less tan five minutes before Donna put the first "keeper" in the live well. A short time later she brought a nice slot walleye over the rail. Late morning after the wind laid down a bit we moved to some shallow humps with wood on them. We kept the dead rods with minnows, but switched our jigging to 1/32 ounce ice jigs with Red worms. We boated a bunch of "shorties", and I filleted 4 "keepers", 2 big Blue Gill, and a nice white bass for them to take home. Tomorrow I am power-washing the boat inside and out, changing all fluids and plugs, so this may have been the last trip of the season, looking at the forecast. But you never know! :cool:

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry ;)