PDA

View Full Version : caution off esky band shell

jerkbait
02-21-2009, 07:54 PM
hey guys little heads up if your using the band shell launch in esky... my truck broke through what looked to be 6-8 inches of bad ice straight out from the launch before the first pressure crack... it made a hole maybe 4' long by 2-3' wide i would have marked it but didnt have anything with me not sure but i think its only a foot or two deep there and thats why i popped right outta the hole. just keep a look out till you get past the first pressure crack about a .25 mile from launch.

good luck and be safe guys
jerkbait

slammer
02-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Hey JB,

Thanks for the heads up. Hope no damage to your truck. Happened to me last year and no damage other than I still find a minnow or two in the truck once in a while. Slammer!!!

jtourangeau
02-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Chenier also went through by my shack in the 12' range b 4 you get to the main drop off at portage on sun morn. rear tire went through and luckily came back out after a big bang.It was on the portage rd where the big shoves are I belive on the shallow side.He advised to drive on the deeper side of the break.If anyone wants to pull my shack to the band shell lot,that would be fine w/me!