PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

weekend jimmy
02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Hello everyone, I'm going to be in Escanaba on Thursday with some time to kill. I know its not prime time for Walleye during mid-day. I'm going to be there from 11am-2pm. Anyone with any suggestions as what and where to fish? Anything would be helpful. Thanks ahead of time.

raywriter
02-24-2009, 08:32 PM
I've made similar trips with short time frames and have two suggestions: Either park on Sand Point in Escanaba and fish out near the lighthouse or inside the Yacht Harbor; or walk out from the Kipling Public Access site and fish between shore and Butler's Island. All places can be reached within 5 minutes or less from shore. Rig a light rod, four-pound test line, and a size 2 Swedish Pimple spoon in copper, white, chartreuse, or one of the "Crushed Ice" colors and load the treble hook with spikes as bait. Don't carry a lot of extra junk with you. Jig lightly about one foot off bottom or just above the weed growth. If you find any previous ice holes still open, work each for about five minutes. Bring a short spud bar to re-open frozen holes rather than trying to auger new spots. Good luck and keep moving!

weekend jimmy
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
thanks for the info. it seems as though I might actually get out in the am. will let you know how i did

weekend jimmy
02-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Made it out this morning. Went out from Kipling and headed north. Fished 26 fow, nothing! I moved around 10:30. I ended up just north of the 1st reef in 28fow. still notta!!!!! I tried everything I had. Not even a mark on the electronics. Spoke a man from Wis. who had a camera and he wasn't even seeing them on there. I thought that it would be a good day with this storm moving in. I guess the fish had other plans!!!