PDA

View Full Version : Feb 24th evening...

Kevin Lee
02-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I didn't have much time tonight, but just as you won't get that buck if you are not in the woods, you won't catch a fish if your line is not in the water. So anyway, I left the store a little after 5:00 and headed straight for my "go-to" spot since time was short. One problem, somebody was already on it! Actually, I think it might have been some guests of ours that I gave the waypoint to. So on to plan "b" and spot #2. Didn't see much the first hour but a couple Whitefish. Then about 6:30 I started marking some nice fish. The 4th one finally hit and turned out to be a nice 23 incher. But that was it. Once it got dark, I moved to one of my favorite Burbot spots and fished until just after 9:00 but never marked a fish. Still, that one fish will make a good breakfast...

duckiller2
02-25-2009, 03:07 PM
We had a Ton of lookers but only a few caught Oh what it could have been if the fish would cooperate.

jtourangeau
02-25-2009, 07:06 PM
Yummie.Whats the OR16 in the pic used for?Depth bomb?Hate to loose it dn the hole.

SheHateMe
02-25-2009, 08:44 PM
That is such a slick idea to hold the extra cord. I might have to attach one of those clips to my LMS 522

Kevin Lee
02-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Yup, the Or-16 holds my cord. I don't like the gizmo that comes with the portable units from Lowrance that holds the cord and transducer over the hole. I just roll the cord up next to the unit. When I'm fishing, I pull out enough cord for the transducer to go in the hole then clip it in the OR-16. The OR-16 is attached to the zipper. This also lets you put the graph wherever you want since it has about a 6 foot cord. Doesn't have to be right next to the hole...By the way, Kenneth and I were out with some friends this evening and the bite stunk (for us). Between 6 guys, 1 keeper caught (Kenneth) and 1 Burbot. We thought they would be biting like crazy with the storm coming. But I guess nobody told the fish that!!!