PDA

View Full Version : lakemaster or Navionics hot spot north

Dock Dogs
02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
I am looking at buying a chip for my iFinder H2O and was wondering which chip is the better buy. I mostly fish Big Bay de Noc and inland lakes in the U.P. Thanks for the info.

fatdog
02-26-2009, 09:34 PM
2 of my buddies have the navionics hotmaps premimum 2008 , 100 bucks in cabelas. i used this gps with this card and is unreal

Frank S
02-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Not sure of the latest versions, but last years model of the Navionics,showed contours down to 45' or so, then just spot soundings after that. The LakeMaster shows all the contours even well over 100'. Both have worked very well for me, very accurate, but I like seeing the deep structure to get the big picture, especially for salmon fishing. I think Gander Mt. or Nest Egg in Marinette handle both, you could compare. I assume the websites would have examples as well.

Dock Dogs
02-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I have heard that lakemaster chips were the better way to go. Thanks again

Double Tap
02-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I used the Lakemaster chip in my 520C all last year and have had no major problems. The contour lines close to shore sometimes appear to be off some-it is really only critical if you troll idown to the 6-10' range. Once I travel through an area and locate safe water, I save that trail and then follow it repeatedly-not being concerned with the accuracy of the contours after that. $100.00 Nestegg Marine in Marinette.

vertigo
03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
I have been using the lake master chip in my H20C for a couple years now Fairport, Cedar River and Little Bay also on some of the inland lakes ,it is awesome... i was able to check out navonics and lake master in a gps and compare them before i made my purchase.

Vertigo