PDA

View Full Version : February 28th

pinnowc
03-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Made a day trip up to Little Bay de Noc on Saturday, February 28th. (wanted to get a little taste before the 3-day excursion the March 13-15th)
Fished off Center Reef in the morning and started the day off right with a 28" walleye on the tip-up around 8am in 32fow. Then moved shallow for a couple hours to the north and didn't mark a single fish in 18-20fow. Then moved back south again out into 36fow and had very good action between noon and dark. Managed a 25" walleye and two perch (11" & 14" football) on a jig pole and caught a 30" northern on the tip-up. Missed a bunch on the jig pole and pulled the sucker out of the mouth of two other fish on the tip-up. All in all I went 4 for 10 on the jig pole and 2 for 5 on the tip-up.

Marked fish constantly all day long with the exception of the couple hours in shallow water. This was one of my best days up here. Can't wait to get back the last weekend.

(Pictures are too big to post)

Walley Eye (aka Sassa Frass)

The Bait Shop Guy
03-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Good to hear. Any particular hot jig you were using? If you want, send me your pictures and I can re size and post them for you baitshop2@chartermi.net

The Bait Shop Guy
03-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Here are Chads pics and a little more info. Thanks for the report.

"Chris, here are the pictures from the 28th. I got the 28” on a 7-8” sucker on the tip-up. 25” on a green airplane jig with a minnow head on the back hook. 14” perch on a purple jiggin rapala tipped with a Gulp Maggot on the treble hook.

I’m coming up with a group on the 12th to fish March 13th, 14th, & 15th. It sure would be nice to get some suckers?!?! When are you guys planning to get your last shipment in?"

Right now, things look pretty good as far has having suckers on hand thru the end of the season. We'll be getting our last suckers in on the morning of the 13th.