PDA

View Full Version : March 10 2009

Kevin Lee
03-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I got out for awhile this evening and had an ok bite. Didn't see much for the first couple hours though but Whitefish ( I think ) . But about 7:45 bigger fish started moving through and I actually coaxed 3 of them into biting. They got bigger as time went on. The first one was 17 inches. The 2nd was 21 inches. The third turned out to be a beautiful 27 incher. I would have released her, but by the time I got her through the hole, she had really did a number on her gills and was bleeding like a stuck pig. So breakfast she will be! The walleye stopped coming through about 8:15. I still had fish coming through, but after about 10 of the them went by with-out hitting, I thought they might be Burbot. So I reeled up and put a piece of meat on a glow lure and dropped it back down. Indeed, the next fish that showed interest did turn out to be a Burbot so I think that was what the others were too. Wish I would have put a glow lure on sooner because after I caught that Burbot, they quit coming through (figures). The hot lure tonight was a #9 RS Jigging Rapala. I was in 36 feet of water jigging 6 feet off bottom. All in all, a nice evening getting soaked in the rain...