PDA

View Full Version : Perch

nick k.
03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Walked out just past butler's island tonight after school let out and i had some fun until the rain and wind really picked up... It was just myself in the general area i was fishing.. The ice is pretty good (once away from shore) to my surprise but the edges are getting pretty crappy. I ended up with 13 good keeper perch ranging from 8-12 inches but prolly caught around 50. I was just hole hopping using a gold and green Hali jig tipped with spikes. The fish loved it as soon as i got the bait down there id have 1-2 fly right up to it and hit it with no hesitation.. Hopefully i can get out one more time.
Good Luck to all

The Bait Shop Guy
03-25-2009, 09:48 PM
Tonight was a classic case of "You should have been here yesterday." Between Nick and I, we only caught 15 fish - only two were keepers! The south wind really had the water pushed up along the shoreline. You needed knee high rubber boots to get across the island to where we were fishing at. One of the guys fishing out there caught a nice pike on 4 pound test and a perch minnow, (quickly released, of course.)