PDA

View Full Version : Checkin in

Treble74
04-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Hey long time no log in on this site. I still do read it everyday, and i really miss it down there. We really didn't have the greatest year but it is is all about the commerodime. Here alot about all the netting and all that going on but from what I've heard from a few of the older locals, and reading this site for awhile it has been happening for years. That is really a bummer, cause I sure hope I can bring my little ones there to enjoy what Iv got to in the the years iv been at that sacred place that is called LBDN!!!!! One thing I have been reading about is alot of the litter that is left behind. I know this is probably an old story brought up again but we being six people being on the ice there this year I would have to say it was the worst year I'v seen. I may be venting alittle bit but it was really out of hand when you find at least 10 small propane bottles, 70 cans of bushlight cans and empty disposable camera packages on the the ice. I know guys & girls are there to have a good time but please,please, please, pick up after yourself. I do not fish down there in the summer, but I do own a boat and god willing I never want to hit one of those tanks or one of my fellow fisherman to hit one either!!!!!. Thank all you guys for the posts and look forward to next year GOOD LUCK ALL SOFTWATER GUYS!!!!

P.S. I have a seventeen foot nitro tracker with a 115 Johnson motor- how would that fair on the open water out there?? Any responses would be appreciated.

The Bait Shop Guy
04-06-2009, 09:43 AM
A rig that size is plenty big enough to take out on the bay, depending on the wind and water conditions. Fishing LBDN is more like being on a large inland lake than it is being on "Lake Michigan." When the wind is blowing out of the south, and the walleye bite is cranking off of Ford River, I wouldn't want to be out there in a rig like that. You could still fish the Escanaba River quite comfortably, though. One of the good things about the bay is that no matter which way the wind is blowing, there's always someplace relatively protected from the wind where you can launch and fish.

Good luck this summer.